Manager, Sales Compensation
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location. With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
The Manager of Sales Compensation Operations & Planning is responsible for the implementation and administration of our sales compensation program. Working closely with Field Sales, Finance and People & Culture teams, this role is critical to the success of the GTM organization. The ideal candidate enjoys rolling up their sleeves, seeks to identify opportunities for simplification, and knows how to scale a function in support of company growth. The candidate will be able to build strong interpersonal relationships while also being able to manage the business objectively. And the ideal candidate will have high-growth Enterprise Software experience, with a demonstrated track record of success in managing Sales incentive programs.
- Be the subject matter expert on commission plans and effectively communicate rationale, strategy, and calculations
- Steer development and progression of comp plan administration process with an eye toward efficiency and scaling with the business
- Develop and implement onboarding collateral, FAQ’s, documentation, and training for compensation programs
- Own the roadmap and oversee the administration of the Xactly sales compensation system
- Implement compensation plans, measures, targets / quotas into the compensation system with a concentrated focus on all facets of plan construction, rule creation, and report creation in analytics
- Assist sales leaders with understanding compensation elements and crediting logic; provide research support and analysis to assist with escalations and dispute resolution
- Manage the administration of special compensation programs (e.g., SPIFFs) and work cross functionally to support measurement and reporting on effectiveness
- Prepare, distribute, and manage compensation agreements, including coordination with internal and external counsel to develop agreement language.
- Assist Commission Accounting team in processing monthly variable compensation payouts, including auditing for anomalies and potential data inaccuracies
- Monitor the effectiveness of the compensation programs and recommend changes to keep the program aligned with company objectives and budget targets
- Provide analytical support and ad-hoc research on various incentive related items, including exception management, reporting, and process development
- 8+ years relevant experience in sales compensation, revenue operations, sales strategy/operations, or finance
- Experience with scaling a sales compensation program that supports the company and business goals and growth
- Exceptional communication skills and balanced approach to stakeholder management
- Effective at building relationships within the organization and cross functionally
- Ability to partner and influence while building and maintaining trust
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of business on a global scale
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategic directives into tactical initiatives.
- Experience with Xactly, including automation and system integration, a plus
Zscaler’s salary ranges are benchmarked and are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations and could be higher or lower based on a multitude of factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
The base salary range listed for this full-time position excludes commission/ bonus/ equity (if applicable) + benefits.
By applying for this role, you adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and Zscaler policies, including those related to security and privacy standards and guidelines.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
See more information by clicking on the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal link.
Zscaler complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.