Principal Strategic Compensation Partner
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamDo you like working in a fast-paced environment, where you get to balance analytical prowess with world-class strategic and consultative support to business leaders and people partners? Does it excite you to work for a company that utilizes its own technology on a daily basis, and has vast reporting capabilities to provide valuable insights and analytics to help shape your thinking and direction?
At Workday, employees are our #1 core value because we believe they are key to building a great company. Our people are a big reason why we continue to be recognized globally as a best place to work. Compensating competitively and fairly is a very meaningful component to having happy employees! The Compensation Team at Workday is both collaborative and supportive, while be committed to delivering on outcomes and results. We also like to inject a little bit of enjoyment into our working life when we can.
About the Role
- Act as a strategic compensation partner supporting the Global Revenue Organization
- Develop and implement competitive compensation strategies that attract and retain top-performing talent and motivates performance
- Act as a strategic partner to the broader People & Purpose teams to ensure that all compensation programs align with our talent philosophy and strategic goals of the company
- Partner with HR business partners to strategize and develop compensation programs to resolve complex issues, as needed
- Team with the Revenue Operations and Finance teams to ensure the compensation structure aligns with business priorities
- Develop cost models on a variety of global compensation programs
- Provide overall compensation support throughout our recurring compensation processes
- Maintain job structures and associated pay ranges to ensure market competitiveness and scalability
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and people leaders with compensation recommendations on complex job offers
- Ad hoc projects, as assigned
- A minimum of 8 years experience in compensation market analysis, plan design and pay administration
- Proven understanding of compensation structures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field (ideally with Human Resource, compensation, benefits and/or organizational development concentration).
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience using the Workday HCM strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build a network to work across teams to achieve business goals
- Analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills with the ability to understand and communicate the meaning of the data being presented
- Proven track record to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization to develop solutions that benefits the business and customer
- Strong project management and organizational skills
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.Primary Location: USA.CA.Pleasanton
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $133,400 USD - $200,000 USD
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $111,000 USD - $200,000 USD
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!