Sales Compensation Analyst (L3)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sales Compensation Analyst on Twilio’s Sales Compensation team!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
Twilio is looking for an Analyst to join our Sales Compensation team, reporting to our Revenue Operations group within our Communications BU. In this role you will act as a trusted advisor in a customer service capacity for our Sales Organization. You will provide insight into performance results, assist with project management of our Sales Compensation program, policies and Annual Planning process with stakeholders. As a team member you will directly contribute to resolving complex compensation cases and using your communication skills to resolve disputes. You will develop an intimate understanding of our Sales Incentive plans and policies and build strong partnerships with sales leaders and managers to address their needs and concerns. In addition, you will ensure employee data and the resulting sales compensation payments are accurate by partnering with the Compensation processing team via improved audit processes. This role is critical in providing tailored support and enhanced engagement to our Sales teams to motivate them to succeed.
You are right for this role if you are a results-oriented individual who is motivated to tackle complex problems, has a "can do" attitude, and is comfortable asking questions. You are also skilled at data interpretation, value intellectual honesty and data integrity, experienced in presenting data-driven insights, and drive clarity for our leaders. You’re experienced in direct and empathetic communication and have the ability to push back respectfully while wearing the shoes of our sales team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop relationships with sellers and be the first point of contact to address Compensation questions and concerns from the Sales Organization
- Possess an intimate understanding of our sales incentive programs, systems, and policies
- Articulate complex calculations or concepts into easily digestible explanations, provide incentive statement and reporting enablement, and resolve escalations
- Analyze sales performance results and key compensation metrics by crafting executive presentations for company leadership and stakeholders
- Gather and manage quotas, employee, and hierarchy data from cross-functional teams to ensure Xactly admin teams deliver accurate compensation payments
- Project manage various aspects of new Compensation Plan launches and Xactly UAT to ensure successful implementation and roll out to the field
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4+ years of experience in Sales Compensation in Software / Technology industry
- Strong analytical skills in Excel and ability to learn data visualization tools like Tableau
- Experience using Xactly or other Sales Incentive management programs
- Process oriented: capable of developing high level analysis of data integrity issues
- Intimate understanding of sales incentive programs
- Excellence in structuring complex problems, developing solutions, and crafting recommendations concisely and effectively
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Detail oriented with strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate complex data models
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
This role will be remote, and based in the United States. Approximately 10% travel is anticipated to attend offsites and all hands.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $92,800 - $116,000.
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $98,320 - $122,900.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.