Senior Director, HR Global Compensation
About the job
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We are seeking an experienced and strategic Sr Director of Global Compensation in HR to lead our global compensation strategy and programs. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing compensation strategies that attract and retain top talent, align with the company’s objectives, and ensure fair pay practices worldwide. This position will report directly to the CHRO and will play a critical role in shaping our compensation programs to drive our business forward.
AS THE SENIOR DIRECTOR OF HR GLOBAL COMPENSATION, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Compensation Strategy: Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive compensation strategy that aligns with the company’s business goals and ensures competitive and fair compensation practices
- Oversees all aspects of compensation programs, including salary structures, bonus plans, equity awards, and other incentives
- Conduct regular market research and analysis to stay up-to-date with industry compensation trends and to ensure Snowflake’s ability to attract and retain top talent in the industry
- Present Snowflake’s compensation strategy to the board and compensation committee. Providing detailed information on executive compensation packages, market trends, and offer recommendations and insights to help the committee make informed decisions regarding pay and incentives
- Partner with Legal team to ensure that all compensation practices adhere to local and international labor laws, regulations, and governance requirements
- Manage and administer executive compensation programs, including salary, bonuses, and long term incentives
- Manage ongoing employee compensation programs such as quarterly bonus, annual market review including promotion and equity refresh cycle
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies to educate employees about their compensation to ensure transparency and understanding
- Responsible for managing our Fair Pay certification status
- Work closely with Finance, Stock Administration, Recruiting, Benefits & HRBP’s to drive total rewards strategy
- Lead and mentor a global team of compensation professionals, fostering their growth and development, and ensuring they provide high-quality support to the organization
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Demonstrated leadership experience in global compensation management
- Strong understanding of global compensation principles, regulations and market trends
- Ability to analyze complex problems and draw conclusions from data
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage a team, motivate employees and collaborate with different departments
- Takes initiative and uses good judgment; excellent follow-up skills
- Recognizes confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information and maintains confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration, or related field
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $231,000 - $351,700.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?