Senior Director, Total Rewards & HR Operations
About the job
Who we are?
A global company with a diverse and talented team. We dream, create, and succeed as one. Collaboration, open feedback, innovation, and growth aren’t just words here; they’re our DNA. We’re doers who value action over words and are committed to excellence, mutual support, and continuous learning. Redis offers more than a job; your voice matters here – join us and redefine what’s possible.
It’s an opportunity to thrive with cutting-edge real-time technology, a robust go-to-market strategy, and a commitment to pushing boundaries. We are the driving force behind Open-Source Redis, the world’s most loved in-memory database, and Redis Enterprise serving over 10,000 customers worldwide, to reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate.
Why would you love this job?
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Senior Director, Total Rewards & HR Operations will lead the strategy for how we reward our employees at Redis, and how we scale the HR processes to support Redis’ growth on our way to IPO. This person will be tasked with leading transformation and change management by enhancing our holistic Total Rewards strategy and setting up best in class employee lifecycle operational processes. This role will be a key leader on the HR team and also partner closely with the Finance and Legal organizations. As Redis continues to grow and scale our operations, we are looking for this leader to align the Total Rewards strategy with the business strategy while helping to define and articulate team effectiveness.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure that the company’s compensation and benefits strategy, processes, plans, programs and tools are world-class, competitive and most importantly, support business strategy, enhance organizational capability, and foster employee engagement.
- Provide guidance and support for C-Level and Executive compensation and prepare materials for the compensation committee.
- Preparation of CD&A disclosures
- Design and manage the company’s stock options strategy and practice, liaising with accounting , legal and external ESOP trustees.
- Assess US & international (EMEA, APAC) benefit offerings, design, and implement programs to propel Redis through its next phase of global growth.
- Create meaningful compensation bands/job architecture and leverage multiple data sources to arrive at insights and a compensation benchmarking philosophy specifically appropriate for our size, stage, and growth aspirations.
- Build credibility and demonstrate the ability to add value with leadership at all levels, including c-suite and more specifically the Redis’ CFO and Chief People Officer.
- Partner across Human Resources and the business to ensure compensation programs are designed and delivered in alignment with our talent philosophy.
- Proactively review and make improvements to HR practices, processes, systems, procedures, and templates. Ensuring that all documentation remains compliant and fit for purpose.
- Responsible and accountable for HR data integrity, security, quality and consistency in our HRIS, to deliver accurate and reliable data at all times and make sure processes are in place to meet requirements.
- Manage the design and implementation process of a new HRIS (Workday or similar) in the next few years.
What will you need to have?
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of People Operations and Total Rewards.
- Minimum 5 years of Leadership experience (Director and above) at public global technology companies, preferably in the software space. Previous experience from pre-IPO companies is an advantage. Demonstrable track record of successfully implementing creative, global world-class total rewards programs and effective delivery systems and processes that have a clear impact on the performance of a global organization and enhance the company’s ability to attract, grow, and retain world class talent.
- Significant experience in building and owning Executive Compensation strategy, and preparing all compensation committee materials.
- Experience leading the preparation of CD&A as part of a company’s disclosure requirements
- Meaningful experience overseeing and leading all aspects of employee benefits and rewards generally, including a proven record of installing/overseeing contemporary and cost effective benefits programs domestically and internationally. Experience with the European, Indian and Israeli markets is a big plus.
- Previous experience in creating stock options / RSU strategy, and building the supporting models.
- Experience with identifying, negotiating and implementing a large scale HRIS tool like Workday.
- An understanding of business strategies, competitive challenges, and the financial impact of People decisions. Strategic thinking and decision-making skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to step into a player coach role and be very involved in the foundational work (i.e. creating appropriate job bands) to enable the function to get to the next level.
- Outstanding leadership skills with a track record of attracting and developing a high performing team.
- Ability to articulate vision and direction, communicate effectively, and measure team performance and accountability.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize/handle competing priorities in a fast paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability in a changing work environment
We Give Back To Our Employees
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- H/D/V coverage along with 401K, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
The estimated gross base annual salary range for this role is $172,800 – $315,200 per year in New York, California, Washington, Colorado, and Rhode Island. Actual compensation may vary and is dependent on various factors, including a candidate’s work location, qualifications, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of Redis’ total compensation and competitive benefits package, which may include 401(k), unlimited time off, learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive health and wellness benefits. This role may include discretionary bonuses, stock options, commuter benefits based on location, or a commission plan. Salary history is not used in compensation package decisions. Redis utilizes market pay data to determine compensation, so posted compensation ranges are subject to change as new market data becomes available.
As a global company, we value a culture of curiosity, diversity of thought, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. Redis is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where all employees’ differences are celebrated and supported, and everyone feels safe to bring their authentic selves to work. Redis is dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We strive to create a workplace where every voice is heard, and every idea is respected.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodations for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.