Sr. Compensation Analyst
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Reporting to the Head of Compensation, this role will be responsible for supporting the development, implementation and administration of Pinterest’s compensation programs and processes. This role will be a key contributor to the broader compensation team, using analytics and insights to ensure Pinterest’s compensation programs are internally equitable, externally competitive, and sustainable.
What you'll do:
- Advises on Pinterest’s compensation philosophy, practices and programs
- Leverage existing tools to run analytics and insights in partnership with the Compensation Leads to proactively address any compensation related issues and to increase the effectiveness and competitive positioning of our compensation programs
- Responsible for managing Pinterest’s global recognition program
- Analyzes complex compensation matters and projects independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional team members
- Develop, generate and validate compensation related reporting to help drive decision making
- Routinely participates in and supports compensation projects and initiatives such as the annual compensation planning process, promotion cycles and merit annual equity award cycles
- Participate in compensation surveys in all pertinent countries, maintains the internal job catalog with market data and up-to-date job matching at all times
- Keeps a pulse on internal feedback and external market trends to support the enhancement of existing global programs, practices and processes
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience supporting global compensation programs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a solutions-oriented mindset
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy
- A holistic problem solver striving for excellence with a growth mindset
- A team player with a positive, can-do attitude and takes the initiative to help with anything
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively as needed
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and support multiple stakeholders
- Experience with HRIS, preferably Workday
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Visit our PinFlex page to learn more about our working model.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
US based applicants only
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.