Director, Go-To-Market Compensation Strategy & Incentive Design
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The GTM Compensation Strategy and Incentive Design Team
Okta’s Go-To-Market (GTM) Compensation Strategy and Incentive Design team plays a critical role in the development and implementation of variable incentive compensation designs across all GTM functions. The team is responsible for driving the compensation plan design, implementation, and assessment of variable pay participants across Okta while delivering compensation plans that ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the GTM organization.
The Director of GTM Comp Strategy & Incentive Design Opportunity
Reporting to the Sr. Director,, this role requires the individual to design incentive compensation plans that are clear, measurable, cost-efficient, and effective. They will be expected to work closely with GTM executives and leaders to clearly communicate compensation design and strategy with a huge emphasis on driving effective change management. Responsibilities of this role will range from strategic (developing recommendations based on business objectives, influencing and building consensus among leaders) to operational and analytical (working across teams to ensure metrics can be tracked, measuring effectiveness of compensation plans, using a data driven approach to drive improvements). The ideal candidate should be familiar with how software companies align incentives with the responsibilities of different Go-To-Market functions (e.g., Sales Reps, Sales Engineering, Sales Development, Renewals, PS Engagement Managers, etc). This role will be expected to collaborate across PeopleOps, recruiting, finance, and legal to review and implement approved compensation plans.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop, implement, and administer new and existing go-to-market variable plans while ensuring alignment across the GTM organization.
- Partner with Business Leaders to ensure alignment of comp plan design to business initiatives, operational feasibility, and clear metrics that are measurable and material.
- Work with Finance to forecast the cost of incentive compensation programs and plan overall design strategy.
- Define and execute the proper analytics to determine plan effectiveness.
- Focus on improving standardization, automation, and scalability initiatives to generate a high-level of accuracy and efficiency within our go-to-market compensation programs.
- Continually evaluate our GTM Compensation business processes with an eye toward scalability, streamlining, automation, efficiency gains, data accuracy, and business process controls.
- Collaborate with GTM leadership to drive the rollout, communication, and enablement of incentive compensation plans.
- Address inquiries related to incentive compensation.
- Review, revise, and enforce GTM compensation terms, conditions, and policies.
- Manage the design, administrate, and ROI analysis of any temporary incentives (e.g. “SPIFFs”) to support short term strategic priorities
- Partnership with Sales Operations, Finance and Commission Finance Teams ensuring effective collaboration, communication, and development of solutions
- Manage and develop a GTM compensation team that can support the evolving needs of the business.
What you’ll bring to the role
- 8+ years of experience in go-to-market compensation design and execution for public organizations within the SaaS, Computer Software of Technology industry.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Xactly (or other commission software) and Workday.
- Strong leadership and staff development and engagement skills with the ability to build partnerships across various functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at multiple levels. You can build an exec ready storyboard/presentation and anticipate what questions will be asked.
- Self starter that seeks solutions without being told. Delivers high quality, accurate work on time.
- Adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Proven track record managing and developing a team.
- Experience with Commission Software
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.