At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
At Motorola Solutions, the Broad-Based Compensation team provides strategic and day-to-day operational support globally regarding compensation matters. This includes design, implementation and administration of compensation programs (I.e., merit, bonus, equity/stock), policies, and procedures to ensure compensation strategies support and reinforce business strategies. We strive to create tools and processes which enable HR Business Partners and managers globally to make compensation decisions that attract and retain employees. We love to collaborate and create!
- Project manages and supports the administration of company-wide rewards processes (merit, annual incentives and equity awards)
- Participates in compensation surveys and analyzes competitive market information to determine company’s competitive position. Recommends changes based on analysis of the company’s compensation programs including Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) targets
- Manages compensation and employee data and reports in HRIS system (Workday) and market data tool (MarketPay)
- Evaluates positions using established evaluation systems, and approves job titles, levels and FLSA classifications
- Creates tools and training to aid HR Business Partners on individual or group compensation actions
- Conducts external and internal compensation analysis to determine position to market and makes recommendations for individuals and/or groups, as needed
- Helps the equity administration and executive compensation departments as needed
- Provides support for recognition and service award programs and may serve as a liaison to our external partners
- Advises HR Business Partners on compensation actions for employees using established structures and guidelines
- Assists on various special assignments, as requested, relating to compensation program administration and/or providing information for management or HR Business Partner use
- Advanced Excel skills
- Preference given to candidates with experience optimizing Workday and/or MarketPay
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Customer service orientation
- Flexible demeanor and the demonstrated ability to work as a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field and 3+ years of experience with increasing responsibility within compensation
- OR 5+ years of experience with increasing responsibility within compensation
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.