Specialist, Sales Commissions
The worldwide data management software market is massive (According to IDC, the worldwide database software market, which it refers to as the database management systems software market, was forecasted to be approximately $82 billion in 2023 growing to approximately $137 billion in 2027. This represents a 14% compound annual growth rate). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB continues to grow incredibly fast. This is the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and have a positive impact at a hyper-growth company. We’re looking for someone who is excited to join a team where they can proactively identify and implement systems and process improvements to help grow and scale the business. In this high impact role, you will work closely with executives and internal functions including Sales, Sales Operations, Sales Analytics, Deal Desk, Business Systems, Finance and Accounting, and HR to improve and establish processes and systems for our next stage of growth.
Shift Timings: 6:00 PM-2:00 AM -Night Shift (Cabs will be provided)
We are looking for a highly motivated Sales Commissions Analyst to play a key role within MongoDB’s Sales Compensation Team. This highly visible position is key to supporting the continued rapid growth of the Company and will be primarily responsible for administration & analysis of the Global Sales Incentive Plans. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication, and collaborative skills are also required to interface in a cross functional teaming environment with various levels of management. This is an excellent opportunity for a sharp, eager professional passionate about working in a dynamic environment with one of the fastest growing companies in the Database Market.
- Responsible for the administration of MongoDB’s Global Sales Compensation Plan in Xactly Incent, including timely electronic distribution and acceptance tracking of plans
- Responsible for the calculations of MDB compensation plans to ensure payments are accurate, complete, and in compliance with company policy and practice
- Partner with Sales Operations and Sales Finance to maintain and deploy worldwide annual compensation plans on time
- Assist with identifying opportunities for efficiencies and improvements within commissions process and workflows
- Support and test the design and implementation of sales compensation plans, policies, and process changes throughout the year
- Provide ongoing quality support to our sales customers and resolve commission cases and exceptions in a timely manner
- Work cross-functionally with our partners, including Business Systems, to scale the commissions process and systems aligning with Company growth
- Provide ongoing training for newly hired and existing sales representatives and management on Xactly software and commission processes
- Work closely with Human Resources and Sales Operations to track changes in sales employee data for new hires, terminations, promotions, transfers, compensation and retroactive changes
- Prepare and post monthly sales commission and bonus accruals and payments on time
- Assist with ad hoc commission data gathering, reporting, analysis and other projects as needed
- Develop and assist with maintaining written process documents needed to effectively manage all compensation-related processes
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Sales Commissions or relevant area
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in publicly traded technology company
- Strong understanding of sales compensation process, business acumen and key concepts
- Experience administering complex Incentive Plans
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Advance Formulas & Functions
- Proficiency with Xactly Incent & Analytics or similar commissions/reporting tool
- Experience with Salesforce.com, NetSuite, SuccessFactors, ZenDesk, Smartsheet or similar project management/collaboration tool, and data visualization tools (Tableau) a strong plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate across multiple departments
- Sensitive to deadlines and able to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaborative, and people skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to grow and think outside the box, identify problems or opportunities to improve upon existing processes and provide innovative solutions
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.