Senior Manager, Sales Compensation Design
The worldwide data management software market is massive (According to IDC, the data management software market is forecast to be $94 billion in 2023 growing to approximately $153 billion in 2027, representing a 13% compound annual growth rate). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Sales Compensation Design Sr Manager role is within MongoDB’s Sales Operations team. The Compensation Design Sr Manager will partner with all other functions within Sales Operations as well as across the organization to develop, reassess and implement the compensation program for all selling tracks at MongoDB. This role will be tasked with program managing and leading the ongoing compensation evolution and year-over-year changes.
Central to the success of the Compensation Design Sr Manager will be the ability to have a long range vision of impacts and ramifications of new proposals. The Design Sr Manager will be responsible for making significant contributions to the success of MongoDB by enabling sales and sales leaders to make better business decisions and will be required to work closely with them to evaluate and gather feedback on proposed policy initiatives.
- Project manage the year-over-year compensation change process. This role will drive workflows across multiple stakeholders to completion.
- Leverage a firm understanding of the Company's key strategic goals to propose, revise, and implement comp plans.
- Partner closely with sales strategy, commission operations, and finance teams to ensure comp plans are effective, operational, and fiscally responsible.
- Lead change management processes, with a keen ability to assess the system-wide impacts of decisions, ensuring alignment with organizational objectives and long-term strategy.
- Build out elegant processes that will scale as the company grows. Implement and build on existing automation processes.
- Define and build operational guidelines around commission metrics. Prior crediting experience is a plus.
- Build slide decks that document all commissionable roles and their plan details to serve as a source of truth for business partners.
- Work with various teams throughout the business to support SPIFF requests. Digest objectives and propose SPIFF criteria and operational execution to achieve desired goals.
- Establish a deep understanding of all commissionable roles and their GTM strategies.
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years experience in a related field of Sales Compensation, Sales Operations, or Consulting
- Experience working in Salesforce or similar CRM environment
- Experience with Xactly, Callidus, or other commission software
- GSuite familiarity, including: GSlides, GSheets, Gdocs
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to make strategic insights from data
- Excellent team player who is able to collaborate with virtual, global, and cross-functional teams
- Extremely high attention to detail
MongoDB’s base salary range for this role is posted below. Compensation at the time of offer is unique to each candidate and based on a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, qualifications, and work location. Salary is one part of MongoDB’s total compensation and benefits package. Other benefits for eligible employees may include: equity, participation in the employee stock purchase program, flexible paid time off, 20 weeks fully-paid gender-neutral parental leave, fertility and adoption assistance, 401(k) plan, mental health counseling, access to transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage, and health benefits offerings. Please note, the base salary range listed below and the benefits in this paragraph are only applicable to U.S.-based candidates.