Director, Global Compensation
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Compensation Operations Director will have global responsibility to drive and influence changes which bring operational efficiencies across policy, process and systems, while ensuring effective and complete delivery of core operational activities. This role will develop and own the process and systems roadmap for the compensation function globally, partnering with technical stakeholders to refine and drive commitment to deliver.
In general, the compensation operations function will manage end to end processes for compensation elements such as, but not limited to, salary survey participation, job evaluation, salary structure analysis and maintenance, compensation cycles, bonus administration and pay equity initiatives.
- Owns, designs and drives all global compensation planning cycles end to end [from timeline development, to technology enablement, to communications strategy, to eventual delivery]
- Implements practical and scalable solutions for escalated issues and complex projects. Provides project support as needed for the compensation partnering team.
- Ownership for Pay Equity and Pay Transparency initiatives across MongoDB, partnering with internal stakeholders to deliver regulatory reporting where required.
- Budgeting and Cost Control: Ownership for developing global annual equity, promotional and merit budgets, partnering with FP&A to enable the operational aspect of our budgeting cycle.
- Collaborate with compensation partners, HRBPs, and other stakeholders to deliver process and systematic changes, in line with policy / program changes.
- Full ownership of compensation operational aspects such as [but not limited to]; bonus administration, salary survey submission, compensation committee preparation, budget reconciliation and data integrity across compensation owned modules.
We are looking for someone with:
- 10+ years experience in compensation, ideally with ~ 5 years focused on the operational aspects of compensation.
- In depth knowledge of Compensation/HR business platforms required, e.g. SuccessFactors
- B.A. in Business (finance, economics etc.)
- Experience managing a team is required
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with strong attention to detail
- Advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint
- Ability to multitask while managing deadlines, perform well under pressure, work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong Project Management Capability: Demonstrated ability to manage projects to on-time completion with confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, startup-paced environment
- Good business acumen and awareness of business trends
- High degree of motivation, flexibility and creativity
- Experience in enabling and implementing job evaluation process
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.