Manager, Sales Compensation & Intelligence
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
To fuel this growth, we are hiring a Sales Compensation Intelligence & Strategy Manager to provide data-driven insights into how we can improve and optimize our sales compensation plans. The Sales Compensation Manager is responsible for analyzing performance and attainment data, and delivering derived insights in a clear and concise manner to executive stakeholders, which will influence key business decisions related to sales compensation.
You will have the opportunity to
- Feel Valued: A competitive compensation package with plenty of room for career advancements
- Feel Engaged: Establish a strong network of peers and mentors through engaging with the best and brightest sales professionals and data analysts in the industry
- Feel Impact: Opportunity to work with senior executives and drive critical business decisions
- Feel Comfortable: Work in a diverse, transparent, and friendly environment
- Feel Challenged: Gain insight and contribute to a $60b+ technology industry that is rapidly transforming
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to provide data-driven insights into the performance of various sales functions and the effectiveness of sales compensation plans
- Promote improvements to the existing incentive plans to maximize revenue and set goals in line with the expected level of excellence
- Lead ROI analytics driving headcount investments in the sales org
- Lead and conduct real-time ad hoc analytics
- Take part in the design, implementation, and process improvement of multiple compensation models and dashboards that will drive impact for the entire sales organization
- Identify patterns and trends from large sets of data. Effectively communicate these findings to our key business stakeholders through visualization tools such as Tableau, G-Suite
- Project ownership: full autonomy to plan and drive efforts producing key results for the broader incentive program
- Bachelor’s Degree with a quantitative focus (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, etc.) or equivalent experience in a quantitative role
- 7+ years of work experience in a quantitative role, ideally with experience in Sales Compensation / Sales Strategy & Operations / Data Analytics
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, Advanced Formulas & Functions
- Competent SQL user. Data validation, nested queries, etc. On-hand experience with Salesforce reporting/dashboards
- Experience with at least one major business intelligence tool (Tableau, Google Data Studio, Looker)
- Strong eye for detail as well as organizational and time management skills
- Experience building quantitative models in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Effective verbal and written communication in order to collaborate in a cross-functional environment with various levels of management
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ well-being and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.