Director, Total Rewards, Equity Compensation
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and Summary
Director, Total Rewards, Equity Compensation
The Total Rewards Team delivers world class programs that position our company as an employer of choice. Our global team designs and delivers consumer focused compensation, benefits and mobility programs for our employees, and leads all human resources M&A activities.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the administration of the global equity compensation programs at Mastercard, including Restricted Stock Units, Performance Stock Units, and Stock Options as well the Company’s upcoming Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Your role involves managing a team of equity plan administrators, collaborating with cross-functional departments, and ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure successful administration of equity programs, including equity grant processing, exercise and vesting tracking, and data management.
• Responsible for managing the relationship and ongoing maintenance of the Company’s stock plan administration platforms, including monitoring participant experience, service level delivery, timely file feeds/integrations, and contract compliance.
• Ensure operational excellence and an optimal employee experience by assessing and redesigning equity systems and processes, creating and maintaining documented processes, measuring the service levels provided to employees, and implementing continuous improvement efforts as appropriate.
• Responsible for successfully complying with all Equity SOX controls and global audit/compliance requests, including ensuring that all requests, approvals, grants, purchases, and documentations are maintained in accordance with department, legal, finance, tax, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirement procedures
• Interface with Global Business Services Center (GBSC) as necessary to ensure inquiries and escalations from managers and employees are addressed.
• Collaborates with multiple internal and external groups to identify potential operational efficiencies and ensure seamless and consistent delivery of equity services to employees.
• Liaise with payroll team and finance to ensure smooth execution of equity programs/processes, such as proper withholding and reporting of payroll eligible events
• Manage the administration of the Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) globally Including: planning ahead of each new offering period. Ensuring timely file feeds to third party administrator, reconcile data, error correction (if required), accurate purchase of shares, and timely delivery of shares to employee accounts.
All About You:
• Leadership and project management experience in implementation and administration of equity processes and programs. o Experience implementing an Employee Stock Purchase Program is a plus o Experience in non-equity compensation areas and/or consulting firm background is a plus
• Technical expertise in equity compensation, including knowledge of plan design, accounting and financial implications, governance procedures, SOX, SEC/other U.S. federal disclosure requirements.
• Knowledge of U.S. federal and state taxation, as well as general knowledge of global taxation as it relates to equity compensation
• Track record of working cross-functionally and collaboratively at all levels, including working remotely with cross-functional teams and able to guide decision making.
• 10 years of experience in public company equity plan administration • In-depth knowledge of equity compensation regulations, accounting principles, and tax implications. • Proven track record with multi-national corporations • CEP – Certified Equity Professional a plus • Workday system experience a plus • Experience working with a third-party recordkeeping system a must (specific knowledge of Morgan Stanley Shareworks a plus) • Strong leadership and team management skills. • Excellent analytical, strategic, and problem-solving abilities. • Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. • Detail-oriented and capable of working with sensitive and confidential information. • Familiarity with equity accounting, financial reporting, and SEC regulations is essential.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.