Engineering Compensation Partner
We’re building the Compensation functions with the People team to scale with and support one of the fastest growing companies in tech. We're experiencing tremendous growth worldwide, and you will be key to incentivizing and rewarding employees on this exciting path. As one of the first people in an emerging function, you have a unique opportunity to put your stamp on the role and set the path for the future.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate closely with global technical recruiting team on offers in real time as a trusted advisor
- Consult with and influence HR Business Partners, Recruiting, and Managers + Leadership to help drive compensation decisions and strategy critical for our Product, Engineering, and Design functions
- Use external data and a strong understanding of our business, maintain a competitive and current job catalog for all of our Product, Engineering, and Design team
- Provide regular updates on industry trends and best practices, especially with respect to stock, to help ensure our overall Compensation strategy is highly competitive
- Partner with compensation colleagues to support the compensation team’s internal data gathering, modeling, analytics, reporting, and insights, using recruiting intelligence, manager knowledge, and benchmarking surveys to make sure our compensation approach is market-leading, scalable, and internally aligned
- Identify when our standard program is not meeting the needs of the business and proactively suggest improvements
Who You Are:
- Experienced in 5+ years of Compensation work, with expert-level understanding of compensation survey data and providers, and industry best practices
- Deep in your understanding of product, engineering and design functions, and specific experience providing compensation support in a fast-paced technology environment
- Someone with prior experience at a public, SaaS or technology focused company with a global software engineering team at scale
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSU) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, opportunity to join our Community Guilds
- Generous and competitive benefits package
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $167,000 to $245,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.