Director of Total Rewards
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The People Team
At Chainlink Labs, the People Team plays a pivotal role in driving the company's growth and shaping its future. We strive to make Chainlink Labs the premier destination in the Web3 space. Our goal is to attract, inspire, and retain a global, diverse and highly skilled workforce that continually raises the bar for performance and in driving impact. We foster an environment in which career-defining moments are created, offering meaningful challenges that unlock unprecedented opportunities for personal and professional growth. We compete fiercely in the Web3 labor market and extend our reach into the Web2 talent pool, always aiming to share knowledge and onboard non-Web3 talent into our company and industry. The People Team is at the forefront of these endeavors, playing a crucial role in nurturing a culture where the business and our employees win.
As a leader on the People Team, the Total Rewards Leader will play a crucial role in creating and driving the implementation of strategy, design, programs, and processes that enable a competitive and creative total rewards strategy to drive sustainable growth for our global team. This role requires an individual who can think strategically and is hands-on, with a strong track record of implementing excellence at scale.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and be a part of the rapidly evolving and exciting blockchain industry. While we are open to candidates from across the globe, we prefer candidates based in Europe and the Americas.
- Lead the strategy and design of Chainlink Lab’s global compensation and benefits programs, aligning them with our culture, compensation philosophy, and business strategy
- Leverage industry experience and creative innovative program design to maximize the return on our compensation investment, effectively attracting and rewarding our valued employees
- Drive the design of our global equity programs, spearhead employee equity education, and collaborate closely with our stock admin and legal teams to ensure seamless execution
- Take the lead on incentive compensation research, ensuring the effectiveness and competitiveness of our sales programs
- Oversee the development of fair and equitable compensation and benefits policies and procedures while actively monitoring external trends and conducting benchmarking to ensure proactive adjustment of company plans and programs for sustained market competitiveness
- Establish strong and trusted partnerships with senior leaders and people team leaders throughout the organization, while providing expert guidance and education on total rewards-related matters through formal and informal training, communication, and change management initiatives
- Enable maximizing efficiency and upscaling processes, including proposing new or improved processes, guidelines, tools, and systems to support the organization’s needs.
- Anticipate needs and proactively offer to implement solutions to be in lockstep with the growth of the business.
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of leading compensation in a high-speed, high-growth, technology-based environment
- 5+ years experience in managing people managers and in managing remote teams
- Strategic thinker with a forward-looking approach, anticipating needs 1-2 years ahead and expertise in building and scaling total rewards programs on a global scale, adapting to various regional requirements
- Strong data and analytical skills, capable of utilizing data to make informed decisions and drive compensation strategies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, adept at influencing individuals at all levels and fostering collaboration across diverse job functions, with a proven ability to educate employees and management effectively on compensation matters.
- Demonstrates grace under pressure and maintains a can-do attitude, even in challenging situations
- Highly adaptable individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines while applying creative problem-solving skills to tackle complex compensation-related challenges
- Familiarity with Workday and Google Suite
- Comfortable as a hands-on manager when needed and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- A passion for making things better for others to do their work more effective and efficient
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Genuine interest in the blockchain industry and a strong interest in learning and develop industry knowledge
- Hold a flexible approach to working in a startup environment
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants