Compensation Business Partner
Cupertino, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
- Candidate will have achieved a track record of consistent success leading Compensation programs, with 7-10+ years of demonstrable experience in a multi-national company.
- Experience in High-Tech and/or Consulting industries preferred.
- Proven team orientation with collaborative style. Flexible demeanor and an ability to get involved in details while maintaining wider view.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently when advising senior leaders.
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity in a sophisticated matrix structure.
- Excellent process management, planning and organizational skills. Resilient and determined to ensure projects and results are achieved.
- Deep knowledge of competitive market pay practices, with strong networking skills.
- Robust analytical skills and business sense, with an ability to see the implications of actual and planned activities, adding value to management decisions.
- Proven track record to learn on the fly and maintain composure in a fast paced environment.
- Pragmatic, quick-thinking, and action oriented to drive for results, with solid bias for customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Additional language skills a plus.
- High integrity and ethics in handling confidential information.
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Exceptional excel/spreadsheet skills.
- Both domestic & international travel will be required for this role.
- Provide expert consulting on base salary, bonus, and equity programs Evaluate current and proposed base pay and variable program design for alignment to established guidelines and Apple’s Compensation Philosophy - Deliver training to people teams and managers on compensation philosophy and programs - Lead Job Family Reviews and provide market-based recommendations to department leaders - Analyze and participate in compensation surveys to assess Apple’s competitive position - Develop a network of Compensation professionals for ongoing knowledge of pay practices and shifting trends - Perform analytics from internal and external sources and proactively provide recommendations to the business - Lead strategic projects while also managing routine activities - Provide ad hoc support and develop strong cross-functional partnerships to support business needs - Initiate and maintain strong working relationships with the entire people teams
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $166,900.00 and $250,400.00, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.